- Prep Time
- 10 mins
- Total Time
- 25 mins
- 1 pkg
- extra firm tofu
- 350 g
- 2 tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 30 mL
- white or cremini mushrooms, quartered
- onion, finely diced
- red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- Cajun spice to taste
- tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups
- baby spinach or arugula, coarsely chopped
- 375 mL
- 1 cup
- grated Cheddar-flavoured soy loaf (see Tip)
- 250 mL
- salt to taste
- Step 1
- Set a sieve over a bowl. Drain liquid from tofu package. Coarsely crumble tofu into the sieve creating scrambled egg-like curds. Let tofu drain.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, pepper and Cajun spice; sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5 min. Stir in the tomato and tofu; cook another 2 min. Stir in the spinach or arugula and cook until just wilted, about 1 min.
- Step 3
- Serve family-style from a bowl or divide onto serving plates. Sprinkle scramble with grated soy loaf before serving.
Cheddar-flavoured soy loaf is sold in same section as tofu.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.