- Prep Time
- 5 mins
- Total Time
- 20 mins
- 1 tsp
- each peppercorns, coriander seeds, ground cumin, coarse salt
- 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 2 mL
- Sterling Silver® Striploin Steaks (10 oz/300 g each)
- Step 1
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Using a mortar and pestle or small food processor, grind peppercorns, coriander, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes. Rub meat with spice blend.
- Step 2
- Grill steaks for 3 to 4 min. per side, turning once, for medium rare or until instant-read thermometer registers 135°F (57°C). Remove steaks from grill and let rest for 5 min. Slice steak across the grain and divide evenly among 4 plates.
- Step 3
- No BBQ? Preheat broiler to high. Rub steaks with spice blend. Preheat 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over high heat. Sear steaks for 30 sec. per side. Transfer skillet to oven on a rack 4 in. (10 cm) below broiler. Broil for 3 to 4 min. per side for medium rare, or until instant-read thermometer registers 145°F (63°C).
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.