- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook beef, onion and taco seasoning 5 to 8 min. until meat starts to brown. Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) water. Reduce heat to medium-low. Continue to cook until most of the liquid is evaporated and beef is cooked through.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with beef mixture, lettuce, black beans, red pepper, cheese, salsa and green onions. Serve with dollop of sour cream, if desired.
• Substitute sour cream with guacamole.
• Substitute ground chicken, turkey or pork for the beef, if desired.
• Use any leftovers as a filling in burritos or quesadillas.
• Fold leftover beans into guacamole or salsa or add to salads.