- Prep Time
- 25 mins
- Total Time
- 35 mins
- 36 crisps
- 8 slices
- Sensations by Compliments Applewood Bacon
- ¾ cup
- coarsely grated Gouda
- 175 mL
- 4 tsp
- brown sugar
- 20 mL
- Compliments Salted Tops Soda Crackers
- chopped parsley or micro-green sprouts to garnish (optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Cook bacon in a skillet; reserving 2 tbsp (30 mL) bacon fat. Remove bacon from skillet; cool and finely chop or crumble. Place into a bowl; toss with the cheese and brown sugar. Drizzle the bacon fat overtop; toss to coat.
- Step 2
- On foil-lined baking sheet, lay the 36 crackers in a single layer – 6 per side – with sides of crackers touching.
- Step 3
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheese mixture overtop. Bake 5 to 7 min., until the cheese is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or micro-green sprouts, if desired.
The bacon and cheese mixture can be made ahead and kept frozen or chilled until needed.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.