- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 or 10-in. (23 or 25-cm) bundt pan and dust with flour. In bowl, whisk together the 3 cups (750 mL) flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar about 2 min. until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in molasses and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, alternately add the dry mixture in 3 parts with the sour cream in 2 parts, starting and ending with the dry mixture. Scrape the bowl as needed between additions.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake 50 min. to 1 hr., or until a tester comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack. Invert onto serving plate. Slice cake to serve.
• Serve cake with sweet sauces such as Coffee Caramel Sauce, plus dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle of toasted pecans for impressive plated dessert.
• Dust cake with icing sugar, if desired.