- Marinate Time
- 20 mins
- Prep Time
- 5 mins
- Total Time
- 25 mins
- 1/2 pound
- bacon, chopped
- 1 carton
- Compliments Beef or Chicken Broth
- 32 ounces
- clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cups
- Lucerne® Whole Milk
- 2 cups
- Compliments Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- finely chopped green onions (optional)
- freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Step 1
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan, place chopped bacon over medium-high heat.
- Step 2
- Stir often until bacon is well browned and crisp, 10-12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain and keep warm.
- Step 3
- Pour off and discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat from pan. Add broth and garlic to pan (beef broth offers a richer flavour, but it will turn the soup abeige colour). Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Step 4
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in milk and potato flakes. Stir constantly until soup is smooth and thickened and simmering, about 5 minutes.
- Step 5
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Offer chopped bacon, green onions, and pepper to add to taste.
Healthier Alternative: Watching your salt and fat intake? Use reduced sodium broth, turkey bacon, and Lucerne® Fat Free Coffee Creamer or Reduced Fat Milk.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.