- 11/4 pounds
- lean ground beef
- 1 cup
- Fully Cooked White Rice
- Compliments Large Egg
- 1 tbsp
- finely chopped Compliments Organic Mint
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- onion, chopped
- Sensations Extra Virgin 100% Olive Oil
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 6 cups
- Compliments Beef Broth
- 1 cup
- Compliments Frozen Small Peas
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place ground beef in a large bowl. Add rice, breaking it up with your fingers as you add it.
- Step 2
- Add egg, mint, and saltand pepper to taste; mix just until blended. Roll meat mixture into 11/2-inch balls.
- Step 3
- Place meatballs on a lightly oiled or nonstick baking sheet. Bake until meatballs are browned and no longer pink in center (cut to test),15-20 minutes.
- Step 4
- Meanwhile, in a 5 to 6-quart pan, combine onion, oil, and garlic overmedium high heat. Stir often until onion is lightly browned and softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Step 5
- When meatballs are done, use a spatula to gently transfer them into broth. Simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes. Add peas and cook just untilpeas turn bright green, 1-2 minutes.
- Step 6
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Healthier Alternative: To lower the fat and sodium content, substitute ground turkey for the ground beef (the baking time will be about 5 minutes shorter for turkey) and use reduced-sodium beef broth.
Disclaimer: We seek to be accurate with respect to the ingredients, nutritional information, product images and descriptions listed on our website, however, this information may change from time to time. Please always refer to the product package for the most current and accurate ingredient and nutrition information or other product information.