100% Canadian pork has excellent marbling, delivering tenderness, juiciness, and flavour in every cut.
Exclusive Products at Safeway
Who says marbling is just for beef? If you enjoy good food, you’ll want to sink your teeth into Nagano Pork renown for its white marbled meat and irresistible tenderness. Carefully bred and fed a mix of grains including wheat, barley and soy, this 100% Quebec produced pork, makes for a juicy, exceptional eating experience. Butchered to Japanese specifications, these Nagano Pork products are exclusive to Safeway*and are sure to become a favourite ingredient in your home.
Nagano Pork cuts include:
West: Safeway Kenora (4808), Safeway Madison Square (4822), Safeway Crestview (4851), Safeway Charleswood Centre (4854), Safeway Transcona (4857), Safeway Southland Mall (4887), Safeway Northgate Mall (4890), Safeway Crowfoot (8833), Safeway Southcentre (8841), Safeway Oliver (8867), Safeway Division Avenue (8915), Safeway Downtown Fort McMurray (8907), Safeway Surrey Centre (4900), Safeway Caulfeild Village (4909), Safeway Burnaby Heights (4911), Safeway Quesnel (4925), Safeway New Westminster Statio (4930), Safeway Collingwood (4931), Safeway Penticton Plaza (4955), Safeway Marpole (4976)
- You’ll know your Nagano Pork cuts are cooked when they reach an internal temperature of 71°C (160°F). Look for meat to be slightly pink in the centre so that it’s tender and juicy!
- Keep an eye out for cooking juices to run clear
- Try sweet and salty combos with your pork and don’t forget, these cuts are great for grilling!
Pork Tips and Recipes:
- New to roasting pork? Start with our pork primer to get the details on roasting to perfection ever time.
- Roasted pork tenderloin in 35 minutes? Yes, you can! Try this unique Peanut-Crusted Pork Tenderloin for something delicious and fast tonight.
- Take a trek to the tropics with this ,Caribbean-Spiced Nagano Pork Chop with Honey and Cider Vinegar Sauce, no airfare required!
- Leave them wondering how long you spent in the kitchen with this Nagano Pork Loin Chop with Port Sauce, Onion Confit and Goat Cheese recipe. Only you’ll know it was under and hour to whip up this wow-worthy dish
- If you find yourself with leftover roasted pork, you’re in luck! Try this Pork Roast, Pear & Caramelized Onion Sandwich for a quick meal solution.
Or go for a customizable quesadilla with thin slices of roast pork, your favourite shredded cheese and any grilled veggies you might want to layer in for a quick, flavourful bite!
- In search of other ways to use up any roast pork or cooked pork cuts? Cut your pork into strips, and stir fry with bok choy, mushrooms, bell peppers, and any other veg you like. Serve over steamed rice and you’ve got a dish do-over that everyone will enjoy. Or dice your cooked pork and whip up some fried rice with left over or frozen vegetables, soy sauce, white rice and an egg or two. Simple and so satisfying!