We have in-store Blood Pressure stations. Get a smart card to help you keep track of up to ten readings.
Do you have high blood pressure? Safeway Pharmacies have Blood Pressure machines and the Hypertension smart card program to help you manage your blood pressure.
Blood Pressure Machine
Every Safeway Pharmacy has an instore blood pressure machine to help you monitor and manage your blood pressure. The PharmaSmart PS-2000 blood pressure kiosk utilizes a patented swivel cuff that fits for over 88% of customers, displays the results on a colour monitor, and will also print out a single result.
Guiding Principles of Hypertension Management
Sample Intro Content
- Management is tailored to the individual based on level of risk and other personal factors.
- Lifestyle changes are very important. The patient should be involved in self-care.
- More than one medication is usually needed to gain the most benefit of treatment.
- Helping people stick to treatment plans is critical to success.
Facts about Blood Pressure
- High blood pressure is a serious health risk
- Hypertension is the word used to describe high blood pressure, it has nothing to do with indicating nervousness or being highly stressed.
- Most people who learn their blood pressure is high have no symptoms & may not even be under much stress
- 1 in 5 Canadians have high blood pressure
- High blood pressure is treatable and treatment can prevent much potential damage
- Exercise can help lower blood pressure
- Reducing salt and alcohol intake can decrease blood pressure
- Eating a diet rich in calcium and potassium can help reduce blood pressure