Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
Internet Printed Coupons:
- We will redeem coupons only for the specific items included in our customer's purchase transaction. The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon, unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero; if application of the redemption value yields a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount that yields a zero price (our customer cannot net a cash credit or payout from a coupon purchase).
- Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction. We will accept only coupons issued by Safeway Operations or the manufacturer of the relevant product. We will not accept photocopies of coupons.
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
- Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Cash discount coupons applied to the total purchase cannot be combined with any other discount offer, including Customer Appreciation Day & Seniors Day.
- Safeway will not accept manufacturer coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through an in-store coupon dispenser) that display another retailer's logo or name.
- We will not accept coupons unless they have an expiration date. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
- We will not accept coupons that, in the determination of Safeway personnel, appear distorted or blurry or are altered in any way.
- Sales taxes will be applied in accordance with the law of the applicable province, regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply to the purchase transaction.
- All applicable bottle or packaging deposits and enviro levies on the purchased and free items must be paid by the customer.
- Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
- Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer's final price (after deducting Club Card savings and all other discounts and savings, including manufacturer coupons).
- References to a minimum purchase requirement will not include purchases of: prescriptions, diabetes merchandise, insulin pumps, insulin pump supplies, tobacco, transit passes, postage stamps, event tickets, fuel purchases, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, enviro levies, recycling fees, bottle deposits, floral deliveries, custom specialty orders, all gift cards and sales tax.
- Manufacturer coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a Canadian redemption or clearing house address.
- We gladly accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
- Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and must follow an industry-standard format.
- Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a Canadian redemption or clearing house address on the printed coupon.
- We will not accept "free product" internet printed manufacturer coupons.
Electronic or Mobile Coupons:
- We will accept electronic coupons presented on handheld mobile devices or smart phones (iPhones, Blackberries, etc.) issued by Sobeys West Inc. or AIR MILES on behalf of Safeway Operations. No other electronic coupons presented on handheld devices, including manufacturer coupons, are acceptable at Safeway.
- All electronic coupons must have a valid PLU number to be accepted. Barcodes are not acceptable and cannot be scanned from a handheld mobile device.
- Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons that are loaded to a club card.
- Safeway Operations do not allow doubling of coupons.
- Safeway Operations does not allow a customer to redeem more than one manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
- Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.
- If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.
- Rainchecks expire thirty (30) days from the date issued and will not be accepted at any Safeway store after that time.
- We reserve the right to limit Raincheck quantities based on product availability and advertised limits.
- Rainchecks can be issued for up to six (6) items unless otherwise stated in the applicable advertisement.
- Rainchecks will not be provided for items advertised as "clearance", "while supplies last," "limited quantities," or other designation indicating a limited supply.
CASH DISCOUNT Exclusions
Limit of one total purchase discount coupon or offer per transaction, unless otherwise advertised. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Total purchase discount coupons cannot be combined with any other discount offer, including Customer Appreciation Day & Seniors Day. Only one coupon may be used against the same item in a single transaction. Total purchase discount offers exclude prescriptions, diabetes merchandise, insulin pumps, insulin pump supplies, Pharmacy services, tobacco, transit passes, postage stamps, event tickets, lottery, fuel purchases, Starbucks/Tim Hortons/McCafe products, Rug Doctor rentals, Western Union, enviro levies, recycling fees, bottle deposits, floral deliveries, custom specialty orders, all gift cards and sales tax. Total purchase discount coupons are not valid at Safeway or Sobeys Liquor stores or Safeway Gas Bars.
AIR MILES Exclusions
AIR MILES Reward Miles are not awarded on purchases of insulin pumps, insulin pump supplies, Pharmacy services, tobacco, transit passes, postage stamps, event tickets, lottery, fuel purchases, Starbucks/Tim Hortons/McCafe products, Rug Doctor rentals, Western Union, enviro levies, recycling fees, bottle deposits, custom specialty orders, all gift cards and sales tax.
AIR MILES Reward Miles earned at Safeway or Sobeys are posted to AIR MILES Collector Accounts 2 to 3 weeks following the transaction date. AIR MILES Collector Account statements are available online at www.airmiles.ca.
AIR MILES Promotions
Grocery Base Offer: Get 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $20 spent cumulatively throughout the week. Base Offer Miles are calculated and issued at the point of sale, based upon the cumulative amount of the eligible grocery purchases within a single week starting Sunday through Saturday after all discounts and exclusions are applied. Grocery Base Offer does not accumulate across Safeway and Sobeys stores, only within stores under the same store banner.
Total Purchase Bonus Promotions: AIR MILES Bonus Miles can be earned by presenting a valid AIR MILES Bonus Coupon and/or meeting the qualifying purchase criteria as advertised, during the promotion period. Purchase requirements must be met after all discounts and exclusions are applied. Total Purchase Bonus offers are limited to one per day per Collector Account and cannot be combined with additional Total Purchase AIR MILES Bonus offers or Total Purchase cash discounts including Customer Appreciation Day & Seniors Day. All Cash Discount and AIR MILES exclusions noted above apply to Total Purchase Bonus Promotions.
Item Bonus Promotions: AIR MILES Bonus Miles can be earned by purchasing the advertised quantity of participating products within a single transaction, during the promotion period. A valid AIR MILES Item Bonus Coupon may also be required where advertised. Customers may qualify to receive more than one Item Bonus Offer. Limits apply to all Item Bonus Promotions. AIR MILES will not be issued on purchase quantities that exceed the advertised limits. Unless otherwise advertised, customers may qualify for a maximum of ten (10) AIR MILES Bonus awards per Item Bonus offer, per day, not to exceed 500 AIR MILES Reward Miles in total per day on each Item Bonus offer. We reserve the right to limit sales to retail consumer quantities. AIR MILES Item Bonus promotions are available in store while stocks last.
AIR MILES Pharmacy
The collection of AIR MILES Reward Miles for prescription purchases may vary by Province and is governed by provincial governments, provincial authorities, and third party insurance plans. Not all Provinces and jurisdictions allow the awarding of AIR MILES Reward Miles on prescription purchases.
Currently, AIR MILES reward miles and other inducements are not permitted to be awarded on any prescription purchases in the Provinces of BRITISH COLUMBIA and ONTARIO. The ability to award AIR MILES Reward Miles and other inducements on prescription purchases in any province or jurisdiction may change without notice, at the discretion of the governing provincial governments, provincial authorities, and/or third party insurance plans.
Pharmacy Offer: Where permitted by law, get 7 AIR MILES Reward Miles for every $20 in prescription purchases, within a single transaction on the patient paid or third-party private insurance plan portion of your prescriptions. Minimum $20 purchase required. Limited to a maximum award of 1,001 AIR MILES Reward Miles per customer, per day. The Pharmacy Offer cannot be combined with any other discount offer or Bonus AIR MILES coupon offer. Valid on the full value of the patient paid or third-party private insurance plan portion of prescriptions, diabetes merchandise, insulin pump supplies and blood pressure monitors. Not valid on insulin pumps. To comply with Provincial drug plans, Provincial pharmacy and/or third party coverage regulations in the western Provinces, the full value of a prescription purchase cannot be split up into smaller components to maximize AIR MILES Reward Miles. The full value of the prescription must be processed in a single transaction. Pharmacy Services such as Medication Reviews, Comprehensive Care plans and Immunization administrations that are paid by Provincial governments are excluded from earning AIR MILES Reward Miles.
AIR MILES Cash Exclusions
AIR MILES Cash is available as a payment method at participating Safeway and Sobeys locations. Cash Miles of a Collector Account can be redeemed in increments of 95 Miles for $10 towards purchases at participating Sponsor locations up to a maximum of $50 per day across all AIR MILES Partners. AIR MILES Cash redemptions cannot exceed the value of eligible purchases. AIR MILES Cash redemptions exclude tobacco, transit passes, postage stamps, event tickets, lottery, fuel purchases, Western Union, ALL Gift Cards, Prescriptions and Pharmacy services where prohibited. In order to redeem AIR MILES Cash, the physical AIR MILES Card must be scanned, Collectors must be opted into the AIR MILES Cash program feature and have a minimum balance of 95 Cash Miles in their Collector Account.