- In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine broth, garlic, and ginger over high heat.
- Bring to a boil. Add chicken, reduce heat, cover pan, and simmer gently until chicken is no longer pink in center (cut to test), about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth and let stand a few minutes to cool slightly.
- While chicken cooks, mix together coleslaw and rice vinegar in a bowl.In another small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and soy sauce.
- Cut baguette crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Then cut each piece in half horizontally. Spread cut sides of bread equally with mayonnaise mixture.
- When chicken has cooled slightly, cut meat crosswise into thin slices.
- Arrange the 4 bottom pieces of bread on a work surface. Top them equally with chicken slices, then the coleslaw mixture.
- Add a few cilantro sprigs to each sandwich and cover with top portions of baguette.
- Transfer to plates and offer sambal oelek to add to taste.
Life for Leftovers: Save the leftover cilantro to use in the Skirt Steak with Chipotle Drizzle recipe.