- Line an 8-in. (20-cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir frequently until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat. Cool slightly, 2 to 3 min. (If the mixture is too hot, the popped popcorn will deflate.)
- Working quickly, stir popcorn into marshmallow mixture until coated; fold in chocolate almonds. Scrape into prepared pan. With slightly dampened hands or buttered spatula, press popcorn mixture evenly in pan. Cool completely at room temperature. Cut into 16 squares.
• Shape popcorn mixture into balls or clusters for variations.
• Substitute dark chocolate covered almonds with milk chocolate covered almonds.