- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat together cream cheese, 1/3 cup (75 mL) icing sugar and lemon zest until smooth. Unroll dough; separating triangles. Each triangle will have a shorter side and two longer sides. On lined sheet, arrange the shorter sides of the triangles in a circle (with long points extending outward like a sun shape), slightly overlapping by about 3/4 in. (2 cm).
- Spread cream cheese mixture in 2-in. (5-cm) thick band on the dough around the edge of the opening. Spread jam on top of cream cheese mixture. Pick up tips of each triangle at end, pull the dough back over the filling, tucking tips under the edge of the opening. The filling will now be mostly hidden under the folded-over dough.
- In small bowl, beat egg with 1 tbsp (15 mL) cold water. Brush egg wash on dough wreath. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 20 to 22 min. until golden brown (don't worry of some filing oozes out). Place baking sheet on wire rack to cool 15 min. Stir together remaining icing sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over crescent wreath. Slide onto serving platter. Serve warm or room temperature.
• Substitute strawberry jam with your favourite jam or prepared fruit pie filling.
• Substitute lemon zest with 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract.