- In a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine bacon, onion, and paprika over medium high heat.
- Stir often until onion is soft and bacon sizzles, 7-8 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir often until chicken is partially browned but still pink in center, 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over chicken and onions. Stir over the heat for 1 minute.
- To pan, add tomatoes and their juice, broth, and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer, then coverand simmer until chicken is no longer pink in center (cut to test) and juices have thickened somewhat, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer stew to a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately with hot, cooked noodles.
Spanish Gold: Smoked paprika is a fixture in many traditional dishes in Spain. It has a rich, complex flavour that lends delicious depth stews and sauces. Use it in any recipe that calls for regular paprika and taste the difference!