- In a 5 to 6-quart pan, combine broth and orzo over high heat.
- Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add chicken breasts,re-cover and simmer just until chicken is no longer pink in center (cut to test), 10-11 minutes.
- With a fork, transfer chicken to a platter or cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice and beaten eggs until blended.
- Add a ladle full of the hot broth mixture and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Add mixture back to pan along with cooked chicken.
- Stir just until hot and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chives, ladle into bowls, and serve immediately.
Cheers for Chives: This recipe will use about half of your package of chives. Save the rest to use in the Pan-Seared Tuna Rice Cakes recipe.