Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce
11/2 pounds salmon fillet, cut into
4 equal portions
2 teaspoons Sensations Extra Virgin 100% Olive Oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2/3 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
1/3 cup Compliments Chicken Broth
4 tablespoons Compliments Butter, cut into chunks
1-2 teaspoons minced Compliments Organic Fresh Tarragon
Leftover Smart: Save the leftover tarragon to use in the Creamy Mushroom Bacon Soup recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Arrange salmon, skin side down, in a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Brush salmon with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake until salmon is no longer translucent but is still moist looking in center (cut to test), about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine wine and broth in a 10 to 12-inch frying pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil until reduced to 2-3 tablespoons, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk butter into pan, a few chunks at a time, until sauce is smooth and thickened slightly.
- Stir in tarragon. Remove sauce from heat but keep warm.
- When salmon is done, slide a spatula between skin and meat of each fillet;transfer salmon to individual plates, leaving skin in pan.
- Drizzle salmon with equal amounts of butter sauce and serve immediately