- Put the flour, baking soda, milk, egg and a pinch of sea salt into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
Drizzle a little oil or melt a small pat of butter in a large pan on a medium heat, then add the batter, a spoonful at a time – you’ll need to work in batches. Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 min., or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then flip them over. When the pancakes are golden on both sides, serve them straight away. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Delicious served with a dollop of yogourt, a handful of seasonal fruit and some maple syrup drizzled all over the top (like in the picture), or add your favourite topping combos.
- Yogourt, blueberries, chopped hazelnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Yogourt, blackberries, crushed pistachios and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Yogourt and roasted seasonal fruit.
- Sliced banana, yogourt and a drizzle of runny honey.
- Coconut yogourt and chunks of ripe mango.
- Pineapple, lime zest and dollops of yogourt.
Recipe © Jamie Oliver. Photography © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, by Matt Russell.