Ham Asparagus and Fontina Omelet
12 Compliments Large Eggs
1/2 cup Lucerne® Half and Half or Whole Milk
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon Sensations Extra Virgin 100% Olive Oil
1/2 pound boneless ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 pound thin asparagus, ends trimmed, stalks cut into 1-inch lengths
2 tablespoons Compliments Butter
1/3 pound Smoked Fontina Cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper to taste until well blended; set aside.
- In an ovenproof, 12-inch nonstick frying pan, place 1/2 tablespoon oil over high heat. If your frying pan handle isn’t ovenproof, wrap a thick layer of foilaround it to protect it while broiling.
- Add ham and sauté, stirring often, until ham is lightlybrowned, 3-4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer ham to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and asparagus to pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir often until asparagus is lightly browned and tender-crisp when pierced, 21/2-3 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus to plate with ham; set aside.
- Pre-heat broiler to high. Melt butter in frying pan over medium-low heat. Add eggs.
- Let eggs on bottom begin to set (should happen fairly quickly), then use a spatula to push cooked portion toward center and tilt pan so liquid eggs flow to pan bottom. Do not stir.
- Repeat a few times until eggs are mostly set, but still very creamy and moist on top, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle eggs all over with ham, asparagus, and cheese. Transfer pan to oven.
- Broil omelet about 4 inches from heat until top is set and cheese bubbles slightly, 2-4 minutes (watch closely).
- Remove pan from oven and gently slide spatula around the edges to loosen omelet from pan.
- Very carefully, slide omelet out onto a large platter, flipping pan to fold half the omelet over the other half.
- Cut into 4-5 equal portions and transfer to individual plates to serve.