1. Preheat oven to 325F (160C). In a small bowl, stir together coconut, ground almonds and butter. Let stand at room temperature for 10 min. Line bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) non-stick springform pan with parchment paper. Lightly press in coconut mixture to cover bottom. Bake in centre of preheated oven for 15 min or until lightly browned.
2. Place chocolate and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the sugar in a microwaveable bowl; microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 6 min. or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring halfway through. Stir in orange juice concentrate and orange zest until smooth; stir in egg yolks and butter.
3. Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl; using a hand-held blender, beat until frothy. Add remaining sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
4. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until just combined. Spread filling over crust; bake in centre of 325F (160C) oven for 35 to 40 min or until set but centre is still soft (it will firm up when cool). Let cool in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
5. Microwave chocolate and whipping cream in a bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through, until just melted; stir in orange juice concentrate. Pour onto centre of cooled torte. Chill for 10 min. or until set. Garnish with orange zest or Candied Orange Slices (if using).
Tip: When melting chocolate, begin with a completely dry bowl. Keep a close eye on the chocolate, adjusting the cooking time according to your microwave, to ensure it doesn’t scorch.