- Peel and de-vein shrimp. Rinse shrimp and pat dry between paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, lime juice, and sugar. Mix well, then cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine peppers, onions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt to taste over high heat.
- Stir often until vegetables are lightly browned and tender when pierced, 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Drain shrimp and pat dry; discard lime juice. In bowl, combine shrimp and fajita seasoning; mix well. Add remaining oil to frying pan and place over high heat.
- When pan is hot, add shrimp. Cook, turning once, until shrimp are no longer translucent in center (cut to test), 2-3 minutes
- Remove shrimp from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving juices in pan.
- Transfer shrimp to serving platter. Spoon peppers, onions, and shrimp into tortillas and add sour cream if desired.
Healthier Alternative: Boost your fiber intake by using whole-wheat tortillas and cut fat with Lucerne® Light Sour Cream instead of regular.