- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Let batter stand 10 min.
- Meanwhile, preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook bacon, in batches, in waffle iron 5 to 7 min. or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Keep bacon warm in low oven.
- Wipe waffle iron clean with paper towel. Pour scant 1/2 cup (125 mL) batter onto waffle iron. Place 2 pieces bacon onto each waffle; close lid. Cook 4 to 5 min or until waffles are golden brown and crisp. Repeat with remaining batter and bacon.
- Toss together raspberries, cantaloupe, pear, dried cranberries, honey, orange zest and juice. Serve waffles with fruit salad.
Freeze leftover waffles and cook in toaster to reheat for quick weekday breakfast