Balsamic Lime Grilled Chicken and Peppers
1/2 cup Sensations Balsamic Salad Dressing
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 package (23/4-3 lbs.) Compliments Balance Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
13/4 pounds red, orange, or yellow bell peppers (can combine colours)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a gas or charcoal barbecue for medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together dressing, lime juice, and sugar.
- Pour all but 3 tablespoons of the mixture into a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag and add chicken. Close top and turn bag over several times to coat chicken evenly with dressing.
- Place chicken on grill over heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes, then turn chicken over and cook 5 more minutes.
- While chicken cooks, stem and seed peppers and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Brush them with 2 tablespoons of the remaining dressing mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When chicken has cooked 10 minutes, add peppers to grill.
- Continue cooking, turning chicken and peppers occasionally, until peppers are charred in places and beginning to soften and chicken is no longer pink in center (cut to test), 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove chicken and peppers to a serving platter.
- Carefully cut peppers into strips,drizzle all with remaining dressing mixture, and serve.