Grilled Balsamic Lemon Chicken
4 pieces Chicken Drums & Thighs
3 tablespoons Compliments Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
2 lemons, zested, 1 juiced, and the other cut into wedges
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground pepper
1 teaspoon Compliments Granulated Sugar
2 tablespoons Compliments Butter Unsalted
- Spray cold grill with Safeway Cooking Spray, then preheat the grill to high.
- Prick the chicken pieces all over with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar with half of the lemon zest, salt and ground pepper.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken skin side down on grill.
- Adjust heat while cooking to avoid burning the chicken skin, chicken will have to be turned while grilling.
- Grill until chicken is completely cooked through and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F, about 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan large enough to hold all the cooked chicken from the grill.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and sugar, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- When chicken is done, place chicken in pan with the balsamic butter sauce.
- Using a spoon, coat the chicken with the sauce, garnish with remaining lemon zest and serve.