- Combine broth, 1 cup (250 mL) water, fish sauce, ginger, star anise and cinnamon stick in saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 10 min. until fragrant. Remove and discard ginger, star anise and cinnamon stick.
- Meanwhile cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and divide among 4 bowls. Top with chicken, spinach and bean sprouts. Pour hot broth mixture over top. Sprinkle with cilantro and chili, if using, to serve.
• Substitute cilantro with mint or Thai basil.
• Substitute with vermicelli rice noodles, if preferred.
• Wear latex gloves to protect your skin when slicing Thai red chili.