- In large saucepan, cover potatoes and garlic with salted water. Bring just to a rapid boil then reduce heat and gently boil 20 to 25 min. until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and transfer potatoes and garlic back into hot saucepan; set over low heat.
- Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; mash to preferred consistency. Fold in 3/4 cup (175 mL) Cheddar. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining Cheddar.
• Substitute yellow-fleshed potatoes with Russet.
• Use leftover potatoes as a topping for shepherd’s pie or fold into pancake batter to make mashed potato pancakes.
• Stir in finely chopped crispy bacon for fully loaded mashed potatoes.