- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine sausage and onion over medium high heat. Stir often, breaking up meat into bite-sized pieces, until well browned, 5-7 minutes. Drain off and discard fat.
- Add drained tomatoes to pan and mix well.
- Open packages of dough; separate dough into individual pieces. For each calzone, gently knead 2 pieces of dough together (you will have 8 sections of dough total). On a lightly floured board with a rolling pin, roll each piece of dough out into a 7-inch round.
- Spoon 1/8 of the sausage mixture onto each round. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold dough over filling and bring edges together; pinch edges tightly together to seal.
- Transfer filled dough to a baking sheet. Bake until calzone are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Healthier Alternative: For a lower fat alternative, use Reduced Fat Crescent Roll Dough, turkey Italian sausage, and 2% Milk Mozzarella.