- In pot of boiling salted water, cook Brussels sprouts for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Drain well; let cool and pat dry.
- Before serving, heat large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook bacon for 3 to 4 minutes or until just starting to crisp.
- Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- Reserving 2 tbsp (30 mL) bacon fat in skillet, discard remaining bacon fat.
- Add Brussels sprouts (cut sides down), salt and pepper to skillet; cook, without stirring, for 4 or 5 minutes or until caramelized on underside and heated through.
- Add brown sugar and bacon; cook for 1 minute.
Tip: For easy make-ahead, blanch Brussels sprouts and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.