- Preheat oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Draw two 8-in. (20-cm) circles on the first sheet of parchment. On the second sheet, draw a third 8-in. (20-cm) circle. Turn the parchment papers upside-down on the baking sheets; set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together ground almonds and flour; set aside. In another bowl, beat egg whites and salt with electric mixer on high speed to soft peaks. Gradually add the 1 ½ cups (375 mL) sugar, while beating to stiff peaks. Fold in ground almond mixture and vanilla.
- Spread one-third of almond meringue batter inside each drawn circle. Sprinkle batter with sliced almonds.
- Bake in upper and lower thirds of oven, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Bake 1 hr. to 1 hr. 15 min. until meringues are crisp and firm. Remove from oven; cool completely on baking sheet set on wire rack. (Note: Meringues can be made a day ahead and stored at room temperature for assembly next day.)
- Meanwhile, make ganache by placing dark chocolate in large heatproof bowl. Heat 1 cup (250 mL) cream in small saucepan set over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just starting to simmer. Pour hot cream over the chocolate. Let stand 2 min. Whisk until smooth and chocolate is melted. Cool completely. (Note: Ganache can be made a day ahead and chilled. Gently warm on low heat in saucepan or microwave until spreadable. Do not boil.)
- For best results, assemble torte not more than 2 hr. ahead. Use electric mixer on high speed to beat remaining 2 cups (500 mL) cream to stiff peaks. Beat in icing sugar until just combined. Fold in 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries. Set aside.
- Place first meringue round on serving dish. Spread with ganache. Top with second meringue. Spread half the cream mixture overtop. Cap with third meringue.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave at 30-sec. intervals on MEDIUM until melted. One at a time, dip bottoms of profiteroles into the melted chocolate. Attach 16 profiteroles around edge of top meringue (or as many as will fit). You will not require all the profiteroles in the package.
- Mound remaining cream mixture in the centre; garnish with remaining raspberries. Dust with icing sugar.
Instead of spreading meringue batter on parchment, use a piping bag fitted with large round tip to pipe batter in concentric circles inside drawn circles.