Updates and important information for employees
As the forest fire situation in British Columbia continues to unfold, we remain focused on the safety of our employees, their families and impacted communities. In an effort to keep employees informed, we will update this page with the latest information, including continued relief efforts, support resources available, reentry updates and next steps.
100 Mile House and Williams Lake
We’ve set up a toll-free phone line and have established an email notification process to share information with impacted store employees who have been evacuated from 100 Mile House and Williams Lake as it relates to return to work timelines, employee support and relief efforts. Employees can:
- Call 1-800-295-3348 Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. MT
- Email their questions to Employee Support
EAP services are also available for employees and employees can call 1-844-751-2133 or visit workhealthlife.com.
To learn about the latest emergency updates, visit http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status
Since the fires began to escalate on July 6, we’ve been working closely with our community partners, the Canadian Red Cross, and local emergency response teams to provide emergency supplies to those affected.
- On July 11, we launched an in-store campaign in the province of BC, where customers can make a donation towards the Red Cross at their local Safeway or Thrifty Foods store. One hundred per cent of donations will support relief efforts.
- Sobeys Inc. will match customer donations made in-store throughout BC up to a maximum of $25,000. In addition, Sobeys has provided more than $7,000 in provisions to date such as food, meals and water.
- Thank you to our incredible employees and generous customers. Together we can help provide further support to our neighbours impacted by the approximately 250 fires raging in BC.